Time flies

Less than a year ago WLS wasn't even a thought in my mind. Now in two days I am going to be sitting on the losers bench, recovering from major surgery.

Sitting on the losers bench is going to be one of the best things that has ever happened to me. There are so many thoughts racing through my head right now, that I'm not sure I can type it all out. I'm so ridiculously nervous, nervous that I'm not going to succeed. I am wicked excited, I can't wait to live a healthy life, I can't wait to go for a run with my dog (if she allows me). I can't wait to not have to embarrassingly ask for a seat belt extender on an airplane. I can't wait to feel comfortable in my own skin.

I spent the majority of the weekend cleaning the apartment. You know someone important is coming to town when I start to clean the windows. Mom will be flying in tomorrow afternoon so she can come with me to the hospital and take care of me after surgery. I've spent the past few weeks trying to get as much ready as I can, so I don't have to rely on anyone to help with food and such. I've made and frozen soup, I've bought other types of soup in case I get tired of eating the ones I've already made. I have a million packages of sugar free jello and pudding. I have my bathrobe ready to wear while slowly making my way up and down the hospital halls. I have plenty of protein powder to last me a good while, even though my Doctor told me to avoid them. And I have my special shampoo to help with hair loss (because we all know I don't have any hair to spare).

Today and tomorrow will be spent wrapping up at work and a little more cleaning. Hopefully I will be able to steal Internet from the hospital and/ or home to update everyone once I'm on the other side. And probably to try to figure out why the heck I did this to myself.

Comments

Popular Posts