Busy as a Bee

Wow! Where has the time gone? First and foremost, my sincere apologies to everyone for the delay in a new post! I have been extremely busy with work for the past 2 weeks, and just spent a week on vacation visiting my wonderful friends and family...

So I think the last time I updated everyone, I had reached my 50 lbs weight loss goal. I also promised that I would post a picture proving it, and I didn't. So again I'm sorry!

Like I had mentioned this has been a very hectic month for me. My schedule has changed at work, so I am not in the office much right now. I was also trying to get everything accomplished before my trip up north, so I didn't have piles of stuff waiting for me when I got back.

This summer seemed to have gone by pretty quickly. The month of July was a big waste, since it was so hot here, I didn't want to deal with the heat. Although I've been slacking on exercise, the weight is still coming off. I'm not sure if it's as much as it should be, but I'm happy with it so far.

This past month, I've been feeling extremely down on myself. Partially because I wasn't as active as I had hoped to be, and because I didn't feel like I was changing as much as I should be. It's always nice, though to look back on those pictures I took May 11th and compare them to the most recent photos. All I could think to myself, was how could I possibly let myself get that way?!?! But they say that you truly don't see that, and I really didn't. I know that I had gained weight, but  I could still fit in clothes that I had in college and even some from high school. My pant size didn't really change, so I think I had convinced myself that it wasn't really there. But man, I look at those pictures, and am just so, disappointed in myself for getting to that point. But, onward and upward. Those photos are all in the past, and thankfully I will never be at that point again.

The highlight of my month was being able to go home to New England for a few days to visit with family and friends. Usually my vacations aren't much of a vacation because I am busy running around trying to spend time with everyone in a very short amount of time. Although I feel like I was busier than usual this visit, I didn't feel quite as overwhelmed as I have in the past.

I spent the week shopping, going to Bingo and losing, getting taken out by waves at the ocean, eating sushi and catching up with best friends, throwing rock and dipping my toes in the lake with Scarlett Grace, celebrating Amelya June's 2nd Birthday and breakfast twice with Meredith <3, hiking Locke Hill with my sister, cookouts #1, 2, 3 &4 with the best friends and family a girl could ask for and spending plenty of quality time with the ones I love.

Every time I go home, I immediately become homesick upon my arrival back to Virginia. I have a hard time leaving a place where everywhere I turn there is someone I know, to a place, where I only know a handful of people. This is the time to practice my new coping skills, and not eat my way through this depression of missing home. The only nice thing about coming back to VA was that I checked my weight and lost 5 lbs while I was home!

Yesterday, I was able to pick up the pup from my friends house, where she stayed for the week. We cuddled pretty hard on the couch for the afternoon, and then we were able to have a nice visit to the dog park for a while.

Now I will leave you will the picture I promised last year, as well as my 3 month follow up!

Enjoy :)



Comments

Popular Posts