Knock, Knock...Guess who's baaaaack!

Hi friends.


It's been a while, hasn't it? From the looks of my last post, I didn't do a very good job sticking to my guns...


But, I'm back, hopefully for a while. So much has happened since my last post, I don't even know where to begin.


First, I will start by acknowledging my failure to keep up with posting. Sometimes life happens, we get complacent, and happy, and forget things we once were so attached to. This unfortunately took the way, way back burner for quite some time. But as I was sitting on my back porch yesterday, of my HOUSE (yes, Ry and I actually bought a house! Look at us adulting and stuff) I was reflecting on where I am now, compared to where I was 5 years ago. So many things have changed, yet so many things have stayed the same. Now that all the chaos of home buying and moving and settling in are over, I have found myself kinda lost. I'm the type of person, where I need to stay busy. If not, I get extremely bored, and tend to get myself in trouble. So I thought, what better way to keep myself busy then re-igniting that blogging fire.


Second, well I don't know that I have a second...yesterday I made a list of topics I feel are important to me to write about again. But they are all a jumbled mess of half written sentences, which were brainstormed over a few drinks, so it might take me a bit to figure out what I was trying to convey to myself, ha.


6 years. It has been 6 years since my surgery. It feels like just yesterday my mom and bestie were taking me to the hospital for surgery. Am I the covergirl for the success story of VSG patients? Of course not. Have I gained weight back? Of course. Have I followed the bariatric diet to a T? Hell no. Am I happy? YES. Am I comfortable in my own skin? HECK YES (well that's still a work in progress). Am I proud of the person that I am becoming? Mostly, YEAH!


I think that my main goal now, is to be as honest as I can about my bariatric journey 6 years post-op. It likely won't revolve around my diet, or exercise, but more so, after all the fun of losing weight is over, what happens to truly be happy, and continue to maintain, not only being physically healthy, but also mentally healthy.


I hope you're as excited as I am for this Big Fat Journey V 2.0

Comments

Popular Posts