2 Months!

So I know I haven't posted a blog in a while, but nothing exciting has been going on in my life.

I can report back to everyone, that I am officially enjoying the single life. I don't feel as though I need to have someone by my side constantly to feel happy. I am happy with friends, and family, and my little dog. I am happy discovering who I am, and what I need in life.

My weight loss continues. I have my good days and my bad. So far I have lost about 45 lbs. Only 5 more left to go until I go home to visit in August. Its official, I have to start going to Goodwill or something to buy new pants, especially for work. I always used to be able to get by with just washed pants for a day or so before they started to become baggy in the rear-end. But now, even just washed is too big. I've been sporting a lot of dresses, and when out of work leggings as those are less likely to fall off!

I was having an extremely rough week last week, between work, and my fav. roommate, Leah being gone, as well as relationship issues, I didn't know how to cope with the stress. Usually I would talk it out, or use food to comfort me. As neither of these were really available for me, I felt lost. I decided that instead of just sitting on the couch and being sad, I would get up, and go. I usually drive Mallah and myself to the dog park, and then walk the mile that is there, but this particular day last week, I thought it would be a great idea, to relieve some of my stress in exercise. So, I decided we would walk the 1.8 miles there and back. We tried this before, but thankfully Leah was home to come and pick us up after we walked the dog park as well. This time, since she was on vacation, I didn't have anyone to fall back on. So we committed (well, I did...I don't think Mallah committed much) and we headed out. Mallah has always been a little..ehem, tubby for her size, and with her thick coat of fur that needs to be groomed, she did not enjoy the walk nearly as much as I did. By the time we got to the park, she was exhausted. In order for her to get water, we had to walk the 1/4 mile to the water spout. After drinking the well, and resting for about 30 minutes, I told her it was time to go. And we began the journey 1/4 mile back to the exit gate. As we began our journey home, Mallah's pace became slower and slower, but I knew we couldn't stop because I don't think I would have been able to get going again. By the time we were about 1/2 mile home, Mallah laid down next to the road, after I convinced her there were treats at home she began going again. I laughed, took some pictures, and we were on our way. This continued to happen three more times. The third and fourth time wasn't so cute, as I was exhausted and wanted to go home and relax. We finally made it home, I rewarded her with a nice little puppy massage while I stretched, and promised we wouldn't do that again anytime soon. My shins continued to hurt for a few more days after that walk...I think we will try again in a few more weeks.

This weekend was very busy, but awesome. Some of my friends from Maine came back with Leah to surprise me for a visit! I couldn't have better friends than them. I was very surprised, although I had a slight feeling they were going to do this, but I thought it was too good to be true. The weekend was spent catching up, going out to a hookah bar, lounging and swimming at the pool, BBQing, site seeing in DC and out to dinner at one of our favorite places, Busboys and Poets. This weekend was a bit of a challenge for me.  Usually I have a good routine, I know when to drink water, when to eat, when to exercise and when to sleep. But when you throw friends in that you haven't seen in  a while, you sometimes forget that you have to try to stick to your routine. I allowed myself to have a little fun though ;) I miss them already, and can't wait to see some of them again in August when I go home, and hopefully again in September!

On Friday I had bought some cherries, I'm not sure why, but they just looked so good. When I found out that one friend was coming down this weekend, I decided to make the cherry crisp that my amazing sister had recently posted on her blog. I had to change the recipe a bit (used reg flour, walnuts and didn’t use strawberries) but I heard it was awesome. I love my sister's recipes; I wish I had the awesomeness she does to make all of the things she can. Maybe someday I will be as cool as her ;)

Yesterday was the 2 month mark for me. I'm so glad I chose this for myself. So far this journey has been fantastic!



Comments

  1. you are just as cool as me, if not cooler and I couldn't have asked for a better, stronger, more beautiful sister than you

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts