Stick to your guns

How does one find the time to get everything done in just one day, one week, one month?

I think this is going to be my hardest feat to accomplish.

Between two jobs, a long distance relationship, spoiled little dog, and active social life, I find it so hard to stick to my goals.

I think with this new year, I am going to try and focus solely on those main objectives I listed in my last post (with of course some straying off into space, because it's not fun unless you go off course every now and then).


* Refocus- Focus on the goal again- to be healthy and happy. I am the happiest I've been in quite some time, but I'm certainly not the healthiest I've ever been, but much healthier than I have been in the past.

* Begin blogging again- So far, so good. I've always loved journalling as a kid, and still as an adult, find it quite therapeutic, so I don't think this will be a hard one to manage.

* Become more active- Here is where I struggle. My new job, takes up more of my time, and doesn't give me the flexibility as I was always used to when I was more active. I even struggle to get up and move around from my desk during the day. I have however, begun wearing my Jawbone UP Band alot more now (except today, since I was running a little behind for work and left it in the bathroom). I really wish I was a morning person and could get up at 5 am to go to the gym in the morning. Or that I didn't run out of steam so quickly at the end of the day to push myself to go after work. Truth is, I enjoy the gym, once I am there...it's getting me there that is the hard part. Who wants to be my passive aggressive gym buddy and help pump me up?

* Re-establish healthy eating habits- Well, sometimes you think you are doing great, and then a snow storm hits, and you feel this unnecessary NEED to eat the entire bag of cheese puffs over two days. However, I think overall, I am doing okay. I am trying to cook more, and make better choices if I go out. This is still a work in progress however, there is always room for improvement.

* Drink more water- I think I have significantly improved on this. Since surgery I have always struggled with getting enough water in, but I am trying really really hard to just drink water, after my coffee of course.

* Focus on the positive- Hey, I might have gained some weight back, I might not be the strongest I've ever been, but you know what? I'm not on my death bed. I'm still much healthier than I was in years past. I have a good job, a good life and a great support system around me. Things could be much worse.

* Remain true to myself- I can't say I've really truly missed the mark on this one at all, at the end of the day I know who I am, and where I want to be, it's always nice to remind yourself that the choices you make in life can be selfish sometimes, and it's absolutely okay to be selfish.

The next few months are going to be pretty hectic, and it's going to be extra important for me to keep all these in mind!!

Comments

  1. Think positive !!! you are stronger than you think

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Gram, I get my strength from the long line of amazing women in my life, like you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing your valuable insights in your latest blog. Much appreciated!

    bariatric surgery treatment in islamabad

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts